The Central Illinois Chapter is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual “Golf FORE the Red Cross” outing will be held at Metamora Fields Golf Club on Thursday, July 26, 2012.
The mission of the American Red Cross is to help people prevent, prepare for and cope with emergencies. The Central Illinois Chapter of the Red Cross is one of more than 700 locally supported chapters across the nation and one of only two to be named a “Highly Performing Chapter” for four years running. Our chapter serves 10 counties and more than 700,000 people by offering a wide array of assistance including:
- Service to Military Families – 24-hour service for emergency leave verification, health and welfare inquiries, referrals, and counseling to individuals and families;
- Health Services – Training in first aid, water safety, CPR, babysitting, traffic safety, and more;
- Disaster Response – Providing 24-hour on-call responses in the form of food, clothing, and shelter to families devastated by disaster;
- Disaster Preparedness/Planning – Working with community leaders and emergency service agencies to plan and prepare for disaster;
- Disaster Prevention – Programs for schools, businesses, and community events using Disaster Dudes, the Fire Safety House, the Tools or Toys Program and various educational materials.
To continue these efforts we rely on donations from our friends right here in central Illinois. Please come join us and be one of the first to play at central Illinois’ newest course and experience this beautiful new facility. Additionally, you can show your support for the Red Cross by making donations of merchandise or gift certificates to both promote your business and to help ensure the event is a success.
Below you will also find an entry form for this year’s event. If you have any questions and / or would like to make a donation, please feel free to contact Tim Gronewold at email@example.com.